VP of Engineering
ClinOne offers you an opportunity to participate in a startup from the ground up.
ClinOne provides a suite of technologies to dramatically simplify and accelerate clinical trials. We are streamlining the communications and processes for sponsors, research sites, participating physicians and, most importantly, for patients. We are helping accelerate clinical studies and saving lives.
We are seeking a passionate VP of Engineering with a proven track record of execution with product and software engineering teams within “eClinical”, including eConsent and ePRO technologies. In this role, you will report to the CTO and lead a team focused on engineering, architecture, and software. The ideal candidate is an elite engineer turned engineering execution specialist.
As a VP of Engineering, you will:
- Lead the engineering team by managing, mentoring, hiring, and embodying the values of our team
- Establish process and infrastructure to scale and guide a team of blended engineering teams across multiple time zones
- Execute product development and design to meet company objectives within given timelines
- Own and lead execution of projects through understanding technical details of modeling, architecture, and web/mobile systems
- Manage technical details of estimating, prioritizing, and committing to features, initiatives, and infrastructure upgrades
- Understand the depth of what we are doing and where we want to go strategically and tactically
A successful VP of Engineering has:
- Strong organization and prioritization skills along with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Solid experience recruiting, hiring, and managing engineering teams, including directors, managers, and individual contributors at various levels in their career journeys
- Solid experience in SCRUM and agile methodologies
- A solid foundation in software design, data structures and algorithms, and strong analytical and debugging skills
- Extensive experience in ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Core, Angular, and relational databases
- Strong experience with REST API design, documentation, and development
- Strong experience with Dev Ops processes using tools like Git, CI/CD pipelines, scripting, etc.
- Strong experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) practices as well as Automation and Unit Testing
- Experience with maintaining and deploying solutions using cloud services
Education & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in a software engineering leadership role with a background in eClinical solutions for clinical research, including eConsent and ePRO technologies
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
This position is remote with preferred candidates being based in the Denver, CO or Philadelphia, PA area.