Director of Engineering
As the Director of Engineering, you will be managing a group of highly skilled engineers in one of the most meaningful and impactful platforms for clinical research and patient engagement. This is a hands-on position! You will be a dedicated leader of engineers blending deep technical skills, unrelenting positive energy and a willingness to “get your hands dirty” in code and architecture. Your demonstrated track record of building winning teams, data-driven products, and culture sets you apart from your peers.
Experience working with eClinical solutions is required and strong desire to make a meaningful impact in clinical research is essential.
This position is remote with preferred candidates being based in the Denver, CO or Philadelphia, PA area.
As a Director of Engineering, you will:
- Manage and deploy software development resources
- Oversee both new application and support development
- Lend technical expertise and guidance
- Ensure consistent application design, architecture, and code quality
- Facilitate cross team/business unit communication
- Interview and assist in hiring engineer resources
- Employ and adhere to established standards for application development
- Manage code repository and structuring
- Maintain Gitflow version control processes
- Participate and drive daily technology team standups
- Guide and provide input to all strategic software projects
- Monitor and provide input for evaluation and prioritization for software development requests
- Maintain development policies including sprint planning and change management
- Implement solutions quickly and efficiently with minimal error and delegate lower level tasks to more junior developers through mentorship, when appropriate
- Ensure minimal tech debt during and after feature development and make thoughtful, forward-thinking technological choices so that future development isn’t impacted
- Execute strategy surrounding code deployments and manage the foundation and framework for others to be effective throughout the release process
- Execute strategy to automate the quality assurance phase of the development cycle through rigorous automation testing
- Support a DevOps culture; monitoring system uptime, response times, and product quality and in issue resolution by being on-call for work delivered
A successful Director of Engineering has:
- A solid foundation in software design, data structures and algorithms, and strong analytical and debugging skills
- Extensive experience in ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET Core
- Extensive experience in HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and AngularJS
- Extensive experience with relational databases, SQL, and ORMs
- Strong experience with REST API design, documentation, and development
- Strong experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) practices as well as Automation and Unit Testing
- Experience writing secure and defensive code using frameworks such as OWASP
- Experience working with cloud-based architectures and platforms (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Experience leading and scaling small to mid-size technical teams
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Education & Experience
- 3+ years of engineering management experience within eClinical solutions for clinical research
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
ClinOne provides a suite of technologies to dramatically simplify and accelerate clinical trials. We are streamlining the communications and processes for sponsors, research sites, participating physicians and, most importantly, for patients. We are helping accelerate clinical studies and saving lives.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.