Director of Business Development (London, United Kingdom)
The director of business development position is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive internal and external marketing plan that would increase revenues and profits. This position is expected to uphold the mission and values established by the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Delivers on monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Maximizes corporate sales and market visual by scaling the number of sponsors utilizing our corporate solutions.
- Implements the recommendations of the strategic sales plan.
- Performs market research and analysis.
- Furnishes marketing advice, counsel and general staff support to all departments within the organization.
- Evaluates operational issues to determine how competitive and current it is with the latest trends in the industry.
- Monitors external and internal environment for development of new market segments.
- Assists in or produces feasibility studies/business plans for new product development.
- Develops marketing campaigns for new products and services. This includes formulating a specific budget and expenditure plan for each.
- Manages specific corporate programs.
- Develops brochures or other print or electronic ads to promote corporate services.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Assists in planning of any event that highlights corporate services.
- Performs client demos, via WebEx and On-site visits
- Assists in developing an evaluation process to gain feedback from constituents.
- Performs public speaking to volunteer organizations and committees regarding public relations, marketing and development.
- Develops and maintains their regional sales budget.
- Business Acumen.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Financial Management.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field.
- 5 years of sales experience to pharmaceutical/medical device companies.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in business, marketing or related field.
- 7+ years of sales experience to pharmaceutical/medical device companies.
Please email your resume to: email@example.com