As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll sit at the heart of the team that designs, develops, and maintains ClinOne’s clinical research and patient engagement platform. You’ll collaborate with other engineers, designers, and product managers to execute on a broad range of products. You’ll be relied on to provide engineering leadership, go deep into new and existing problem spaces, and mentor and elevate those around you.
Experience working with eClinical solutions is required and strong desire to make a meaningful impact in clinical research is essential.
This position is remote with preferred candidates being based in the Denver, CO or Philadelphia, PA area.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Facilitate high quality, scalable product deployment through recommending requirements, architectural designs, user stories, and other artifacts
- Participate in productive, results-driven business discussions and decision making
- Implement solutions quickly and efficiently with minimal error and delegate lower level tasks to more junior developers through mentorship, when appropriate
- Ensure minimal tech debt during and after feature development and make thoughtful, forward-thinking technological choices so that future development isn’t impacted
- Execute strategy surrounding code deployments and manage the foundation and framework for others to be effective throughout the release process
- Execute strategy to automate the quality assurance phase of the development cycle through rigorous automation testing
- Support a DevOps culture; monitoring system uptime, response times, and product quality and in issue resolution by being on-call for work delivered
A successful Senior Software Engineer has:
- A solid foundation in software design, data structures and algorithms, and strong analytical and debugging skills
- Extensive experience in ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET Core
- Extensive experience in HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and AngularJS
- Extensive experience with relational databases, SQL, and ORMs
- Strong experience with REST API design, documentation, and development
- Strong experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) practices as well as Automation and Unit Testing
- Experience writing secure and defensive code using frameworks such as OWASP
Education & Experience
- 5+ years of experience of software development
- 2+ years of experience in a senior software engineer role with a background in eClinical solutions for clinical research
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
ClinOne provides a suite of technologies to dramatically simplify and accelerate clinical trials. We are streamlining the communications and processes for sponsors, research sites, participating physicians and, most importantly, for patients. We are helping accelerate clinical studies and saving lives.