The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining ClinOne’s clinical research and participant engagement platforms. You will collaborate with other engineers, designers, and product owners to execute on a broad range of products. You will drive engineering excellence across ClinOne and evangelize best practices. You must have a strong desire to make a meaningful impact in clinical trials and participant lives.
- Facilitate high quality, scalable product deployment through recommending requirements, architectural designs, user stories, and other artifacts
- Participate in productive, results-driven business discussions and decision making
- Implement solutions quickly and efficiently with minimal error and delegate lower-level tasks to more junior developers through mentorship, when appropriate
- Ensure minimal tech debt during and after feature development and make thoughtful, forward-thinking technological choices so that future development isn’t impacted
- Execute strategy surrounding code deployments and manage the foundation and framework for others to be effective throughout the release process
- Execute strategy to automate the quality assurance phase of the development cycle through rigorous automation testing
- Support a DevOps culture; monitoring system uptime, response times, and product quality and in issue resolution by being on-call for work delivered
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within software engineering
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a software engineer role with a background in solutions for clinical research
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design, web application architecture and relational database design.
- A solid foundation in software design, data structures and algorithms, and strong analytical and debugging skills
- Extensive experience in ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET 5 and/or 6
- Extensive experience in ReactJS and TypeScript
- Extensive experience with relational databases, SQL, and ORMs
- Strong experience with REST API design, documentation, and development
- Strong experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) practices as well as Automation and Unit Testing
- Experience writing secure and defensive code using frameworks such as OWASP
- Excellent communication skills with a positive mentality
- Exemplary time management and organizational skills
- High attention to detail and level of accuracy
- High degree of tact, judgment and discretion
This is a remote position.
ClinOne provides a suite of technologies to dramatically simplify and accelerate clinical trials. We are streamlining the communications and processes for sponsors, research sites, participating physicians and, most importantly, for patients. We are helping accelerate clinical studies and saving lives.